You can use a locally mounted NTFS/ReFS volume, an SMB/NFS network share or just
a folder on the volume/share as a source.
Note - You can not set a folder as a source if its parent folder is already paired with a target.
1. In the Wasabi Cloud NAS Configuration, select Wasabi Cloud NAS in the left pane and click Add Source.
2. Select the appropriate folder or the drive you want to replicate to a target bucket in Wasabi. You can also create a new folder and use that as the source.
3. Next, add the Wasabi target information.
- Enter a name for the target
- Select the appropriate region (this auto populates the Server URL)
- Enter the access and secret key (If you are using an existing target, you can select it to auto populate the keys)
- click List Buckets and select a bucket from the list to pair it with the newly added source.
- Alternatively, click on Create Bucket, select the appropriate region and enter a Bucket Name. Hit OK when done.
Click Apply to apply the changes.
4. You can optionally enable Bucket Versioning OR Compliance on the bucket, via the Bucket Settings.
Note - When you enable Compliance on the bucket, Cloud NAS automatically sets the corresponding local folder/drive to WORM so you will not be able to make edits or delete files in the local folder. If you edit a file it will force you to save it as a new file. Hence, with Cloud NAS you should not enable versioning AND compliance together.
Click on Apply when done.
5. This completes the steps to configure a new source-target pair on Wasabi Cloud NAS.
Don't forget to hit Resume (first click Wasabi Cloud NAS on the left pane at the top, and then Resume at the bottom)