Wasabi Cloud NAS is a paid product offering which bundles the Wasabi Cloud NAS software and a Wasabi Cloud NAS storage account.
Important : Wasabi Cloud NAS software can only be used with a Cloud NAS storage account subscription. Using the WCN software with a standard Wasabi object storage-only subscription is a violation of the Wasabi terms.
Latest version : 22.214.171.124 (Updated: 6/13/2023)
If you are an existing Wasabi Cloud NAS customer and would like to upgrade to the latest version shown above, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the instructions on how to upgrade the software.
This article will walk you through the Wasabi Cloud NAS (WCN) installation prerequisites and basic configuration steps.
Minimum system requirements
- 64-bit Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2/Windows® 8/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/ Windows® 10/Server 2016/Server 2019 and newer versions supported
Important: Microsoft Windows® 7/Server 2008 R2 computers must run at least Service Pack 1 and have the KB976932 and the KB3033929 security updates installed.
- 4 GB of physical RAM (at least)
- 68 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (at least)
1. You can sign up for a new Wasabi Cloud NAS 1 TB 30 day free trial account at this sign-up page.
2. Once you complete the necessary information and hit Get Started on the form, you will receive a Welcome email with a Create Account button to complete the account creation process.
3. Click on the 'Create Account' button on the email. It will redirect you to page where you will set a password for accessing the Wasabi Management Console.
4. At this point you have successfully signed up for a Cloud NAS storage account. Click on Sign in to continue the onboarding process and download the Cloud NAS software.
5. Click on 'Continue your trial' button to be redirected to a page where you can download the Cloud NAS software.
5. Download the Cloud NAS Software to the Windows machine where you intend to deploy it.
Download & Installation
1. Once the download is complete on the Windows machine (from step 5 above), begin the installation by running the Wasabi Cloud NAS installer file as Administrator.
2. Click on the checkbox to agree to the License terms and conditions, and click Next.
3. Click on the Install button to continue the installation.
4. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
5. Once the installation is completed, Cloud NAS software will present you with a one-time login screen to enter your Wasabi Cloud NAS Account console credentials, in order to activate the software.
6. Hit Submit when done. This step does the following actions -
- It will create a User in your WCN account and assign it API keys with AmazonS3FullAccess permissions
- The Cloud NAS software is connected to the storage account without needing to enter any keys manually.
7. Next, a Configuration Wizard is presented to help you pair a source folder with a new bucket in your storage account.
Note - This is just a quick template to get you started. You will have the ability to add more/different Source folders with other buckets after this step.
Select the appropriate region where you would like the new bucket to be created. You can also change the Bucket Name from the preset name as needed.
Hit Configure to submit.
8. Next, a summary screen shows the basic configuration summary. Hit Finish to launch the Configuration interface.
9. That's it! The Configuration Interface allows you to add more Sources and pair them with different buckets.
For help with adding more Sources and other helpful topics please refer to the Knowledge Base section for Cloud NAS product.